Beginning of class
- Smith lectured to us about staying focused
- Remember Smith has a visitor coming for our next fishbowl on Monday December, 1st… Make her look good!
- What was the tipping point of Ophelia’s madness? What event or action was the thing that finally sent her over the edge?
- How did Ophelia drown? If she were being watched wouldn’t she have been safe?
- What good is there in revenge? Does it, or has it brought about any peace in anyone so far in the story?
- Is it Claudius’ idea or Laertes’ idea to kill Hamlet in the fencing match? Why?
- Why are the first four scenes so short and to the point in act four, where as scene five is longer than all of them combined?
- Why does Ophelia choose to portray her madness in song? Is this symbolic in anyway? If so how?
Homework: Start to write paper over the brake