Today we met Ms. Smith, she's pretty awesome. We went over the seating chart and also signed up for scribe dates. Scribing is when one person takes notes on what we went over during the day and posts them on the class blog for the people who were absent.
Ideas/Suggestions for the Scribe Post:
- any homework
- any notes during the day
- Main Points of any discussion
- In class work
- upcoming test dates
- any changes (Put in Bold writing)
- Information for tests
- upcoming important dates
- who is the next scribe
- It should be posted by 9pm that night
- You can include something fun (ex. jokes, games, videos, pictures, etc.). Be appropriate
- For Friday: Go to Ms. Smith's webpage and print out Class Expectations. Get it signed and bring it back. Have your parents e-mail Ms. Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) and also e-mail her from your account. If you don't already have a Blogger account please set one up (Blogger.com). For a display name please use First name, Last initial then graduation date. Have your school supplies. This is a laptop class so you can get a mouse and USB drive if you want. Blog response to "This is NOT education as usual". Write your College Essay. It can't be longer that one and a half pages, size 12 font, double-spaced, with your name and title at the top. This College essay is about a crossroads in your life. To clarify, a time in your life where you ever had a really hard decision that you had to make. Read your college essay handouts and find one idea that you read that stuck out to you and type it on a piece of paper. Make it big enough to read but also make it pretty.
Look at those abs.